Dogs are a man’s and woman’s best friend. Whether it is because of their loyalty, playfulness, or unconditional affection, dogs make an excellent addition to any modern apartment home! Our team has compiled a list of the dog breeds that are likely to thrive in any apartment community.
- Yorkshire Terrier
- These loveable lapdogs are the perfect, toy-sized companion. They are easy to train, hypoallergenic, and do not require an abundance of daily exercise.
- Like Yorkies, these pups do not take up much space. Havanese are not known to be barkers which makes them ideal for apartment homes. These dogs thrive when they have a fellow companion, whether they are two-legged or four.
- Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
- Larger than a Yorkie and Havanese, but still the perfect size. This breed loves their humans and are very intelligent. Although they are very playful, 20-30 minutes of daily exercise will likely keep these pups happy.
- Known as the “barkless” breed, these pups do not bark often. They are fiercely independent but can be stubborn at times. Unlike the previous breeds listed, these dogs require a bit more daily exercise.
- Contrary to being known for their speed, these dogs love a lazy day on the couch. Like Basenji, Greyhounds are known for being a less vocal breed, which will make your neighbors very happy. Although they are larger, are content snuggling with their human in small spaces making them perfect for apartment homes.
There are plenty of dog breeds that make for the perfect modern apartment home companion. With the right training and daily exercise, it is hard to go wrong when picking the right four-legged roommate! Echo Park at Perry Crossing offers walking trails, a doggy spa station, and an expansive bark park to make getting in your pup’s daily exercise easier than ever. Check out our website today to learn more about our pet policy and breed restrictions!